Mum is the world

Friday, September 01, 2006

Thirsty Thirties


Hi !
My name is Val or Vally Winky or Boo or...
I am a stay-at-home mum of a 2-year-old bundle of joy and I have been married for the past three years to the most wonderful hubby on this planet.
I live in the French Alps, in a city called Grenoble. It is a nice place, the landscape is amazing but people around are not exactly lovely and if you do not get the chance of being rich or having a car mountainering or skying is not much of an issue.

My husband is a scientist. A biologist. He used to work in a research team of this city years ago but at the end of his contract he did not find another job. He had to stay in this small city because of my university courses and my pregnancy. When the year ended, it was even more difficult to find a job anywhere else because of this year gap without working in the biology sector. Today he works as a driver/delivery man. It is not extatic but it brings food to our plates until he gets the job he deserves. Hopefully we will move away to a brighter future and city one of these days.

I am a former hotel manager who gave up my job to go back to school and get a degree in English studies. On Christmas day 2003 I discovered I was pregnant. So getting a degree and turning into a mum meanwhile was a hell of a challenge but I will never regret nor forget this year ! It was incredible !
Next year, my son will go to school. For the moment, I enjoy watching him growing up, I help my husband looking for scientific jobs and try to finish writing a book I have started a year ago about some little girl living in a strange forest...

Two days ago, on August 30th I went on 30. I had a lovely birthday but no time yet to think about my life... what I have done, what I have not done, what have changed, what I have to change, what I have to do, what I want to do, what I am heading up to....

A hell of a program for a new blog, don't you think ? :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home